Fire Spirits by Ania Tomicka
Watercolor on Paper, 10″ x 7.875″, 13.75″ x 11.375″ x 0.5″ with frame (frame doesn’t include glass/plexiglass)
Current Exhibition at Flower Pepper Gallery: The Language of Nature from August 26th to September 20th, 2017
Previous Exhibitions at Flower Pepper Gallery:
- 5th Year Anniversary Show from December 10th to 27th, 2016
- 4th Year Anniversary Show from December 19th, 2015 to January 19th, 2016
- Life And Love from February 7th to March 4th, 2015
- 3rd Year Anniversary Show from December 6th, 2014 to January 6th, 2015
- Pandamonium from June 7th t0 27th, 2014
- Of History And Hope from April 5th to May 2nd, 2014
- Mad Hatters from November 23rd, 2013 to January 24th, 2014
- A Tribute To Our Own Fairy Tale from September 7th to October 4th, 2013
- One Year Anniversary Art Show from December 8th, 2012 to January 24th, 2013
- The Color Blue from September 15th to October 19th, 2012
Artist Biography and Statement:
Ania Tomicka was born in 1985 in Lodz, Poland.
When she was only 9 she moved to Italy, where she started to draw seriously: manga at first and realistic things afterwards. She attended an art institute and graduated in 2004. During the school years she starts to paint with oil colors, a technique that soon to became her favorite. Hence she attended the Academy of Fine Arts of Venice where she found a lot of inspiration for her realistic and academic art. A year later she moved to Tuscany where she graduated at the Academy of Fine Arts of Florence. She focused her interest in more things like digital art, illustration and new materials such as wood.
She also completed her studies at the academy of digital arts NEMO NT where she gained the title of student of the year.
Ania has always been interested in realistic, renaissance works. Her first loves are Salvador Dalì and Wojtek Siudmak’s big canvases, full of absurd and strange creations, painted in a divine way.
Her current paintings are inspired by the American Pop Surrealist movement.
“In my artworks I like to express emotions of that particular moment. I am inspired by life and by music. I love to experiment with my imagination and my paintings, I usually just draw faces, what comes next is something that I don’t plan; my brushes and my hands manipulates everything just like external events manipulate my life. Sometimes you can control it, sometimes you can’t.” – Ania Tomicka
“Ania Tomicka creates worlds and characters that are mystifying and elusive. Inspired by emotions, music, and her own imagination there is something truly lyrical hidden in her work. Her piece Fire Spirit, captures an intimate moment of appreciation between a girl and the beauty of nature. Witnessing this peaceful scene is her curious fire spirit companion who is loyally perched along side his friend. It’s a beautiful depiction of peaceful change and transition as the warmth of their presence transforms the colors of the trees into fiery auburns and gold.” – Emiko Woods for Press Release of The Language of Nature at Flower Pepper Gallery
Artist Website: http://www.aniatomicka.com/